Today is the first day we have been able to open our office to begin assessing the problems. Thank goodness everyone here is ok, while suffering minor property damages. We could not be happier after such a terrible storm, which felt that it would never end.
At this time, we are wanting to provide an update as we know you are concerned about your property(ies) and the status of the condition. At this moment in time, our main goal is to gather as much information as possible in order to prioritize the needs as following:
- Assist those tenants that may be displaced somewhere in a shelter
- Open insurance claims with your carriers. We will need your assistance to communicate with your carrier once we determine your property has damages
- Begin the assessments and documentation of the damages
- Create a plan of attach for each property.
In order for us to gather the information, we are utilizing all of our assets as follows:
- Visit each of our vacant properties
- Email all tenants requesting damage reports with photographs and videos
- Calling all tenants for verbal communication and confirmation of their status
- Visiting those properties, which we know have been completely flooded to record condition for insurance purposes.
- Please make sure we have a copy of your flood and wind/hail insurance policies
Please understand we are expending all of our resources to accomplish this. All of our owners will be communicated as soon as we determine that their property has been damaged first. If we do not communicate with you right away, does not mean we are ignoring your property, only means we don’t have any damages reported by any of our means.
Please know that there are still several areas that we can not gain access to due to continued release of some of the Dams, which in turn is causing more damage and flooding. Until we are able to access those areas and the properties within, we will not be able to assess the damages.
We kindly request that we keep the phone lines free as we are doing everything in our power to make sure our tenants are safe and determining the condition of your property. We will send daily updates and keep you posted of progress.